- State your area of research or evidence-based practice (EBP) interest from NR 500; remember that the topic must be consistent with your specialty track.(Fall risk patients)
- State your MSN program specialty track( FNP) and defend how your selected area of research or EBP interest from NR 500 is consistent with your selected MSN program track.
- Would you like to change your area of research or EBP interest from NR 500? Why or why not?
- If you changed or modified your area of research or EBP interest, please identify the revised area of research.
- Defend how your area of research/EBP interest is of importance to the MSN program specialty track you have selected—scholarly references are required.
- Identify an initial PICOT/PICo question that reflects you area of interest for the evidence-based practice proposal that is required for this course.
- APA format with references no older than 5 years old
1. RQ1: Which of the eight groupness factors are present within our group at this point in the season?
- Distinctiveness from other similar groups, Members explicitly share and genuinely buy into 1+ common goals, Belief in a shared common fate among group members, Regular and meaningful interactions between members, Members exert mutual influence on each other, Members genuinely believe they are a group
2. RQ2: Of the groupness factors that are present, how effectively has our group made use of each of those factors?
Table 4. Jenny’s ABC changes for our use of “Distinct and meaningful roles”.
• See my role description, below in Table 3 (Students, I don’t provide the table in this example, FYI) Page 4 of 5
• Increased my role clarity/decreased my role ambiguity and increased my role performance. I knew exactly what I was supposed to do to help my team play better, and I actually did play better – more catches, better decision making, way less freezing on the court. (Behavior and Cognition changes)
• Knowing the specific voluntary behaviors I have do every game helps keep my arousal from going past (or too far past) my arousal threshold, which has greatly reduced the state anxiety symptoms I feel while playing dodgeball (my cognitive symptoms are negative thoughts and a general feeling that things are going to go badly; my somatic state anxiety symptoms are increased muscle tension and reduced coordination, especially for catching). This has also helped me play a lot better and more consistently! For example, since we cleaned up our roles, I have caught at least 4 dodgeballs every game day – I used to barely ever catch any! (Behavior and Cognition changes)
• Having high role clarity also increased my MI and enjoyment. Since we came up with evaluation and feedback components for my role, I had a way to get pretty immediate feedback on how I was doing in terms of helping my team play better. As a person that is highly motivated to play dodgeball by external regulation (I like when my teammates tell me I am doing a good job and tell me specifically what I am doing well), and by intrinsic regulation (I actually like the challenge of trying to get better at things, I find that really fun and stimulating – even if I don’t get much better or take a long time to get better), getting feedback between games really increased my MI; I have found myself trying much harder, and trying that hard consistently during games, and I am also enjoying the games much more! (Affect and Behavior changes)
TOPIC for PAPER: Managed Care and Medicaid Fraud
The paper should critically analyze the issues related to the topic and identify key strategies for improvement. In order to meet the project requirements, it is important to identify an issue or problem within the integrated delivery system or managed healthcare organization.
The length of the final paper should be approximately 8–10 pages, double-spaced in MS Word, including a title page (APA style), introduction, APA level-one headings throughout, a conclusion, and a reference page.
Describe a managed care organization or integrated delivery system, and discuss the positive and negative aspects related to healthcare quality, costs, and access to healthcare.
- Discuss healthcare fraud in relationship to managed healthcare and provide examples.
The paper MUST include the following Sections:
Analysis of the Problem
Solution of the Problem
Implementation Plan for the Recommended Solution to the Problem
Conclusion With Future Recommendations
In this Assignment you will again record your food and beverage intake for 5 days and analyze for nutrients using the same program as in Unit 2. Write a 2 page report (in APA format) on how things have changed in your diet and note if there were improvements in your nutrient status and include a screen shot of their diet analysis summary results. Address where else can you make improvements going forward including where you may still be deficient in any vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Has the information in this course influenced your dietary choices in any way?
Consider the various steps of the nursing process in order to address the following critical thinking questions.
- As a health care provider, discuss ways in which you will establish a helping hand and healing relationship with your patient and their families.
- How will you develop professional partnerships with health care team members in your clinical practice?
- What personal behaviors, biases, and attitudes would you have to change to develop these professional relationships?
Students responses will be graded based on the following:
- The student will review the Tegrity presentation by Group 3 and make substantial, evaluative comments on their findings as follows:
- Summarize specifics of the informatics topic presented by the group and how it relates to nursing care, research, theory, patient safety, nursing practice, and general healthcare. (40 points)
- What did you learn from the presentation, please be specific? (25 points)
- Was there something in the presentation that could have been improved on or needed further detail? If so, what? (worth up to 25 points)
- Where the citations/references within the Tegrity presentation in correct APA format? (worth up to 5 points)
- Post your answer by the due date/time (refer to syllabus for details) (worth up to 5 points)
The first step of the evidence-based practice process is to evaluate a nursing practice environment to identify a nursing problem in the clinical area. When a nursing problem is discovered, the nurse researcher develops a clinical guiding question to address that nursing practice problem.
For this assignment, you will create a clinical guiding question know as a PICOT question. The PICOT question must be relevant to a nursing practice problem. To support your PICOT question, identify six supporting peer-revised research articles, as indicated below. The PICOT question and six peer-reviewed research articles you choose will be utilized for subsequent assignments.
Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” to complete this assignment.
- Select a nursing practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research. Start with the patient population and identify a clinical problem or issue that arises from the patient population. In 200–250 words, provide a summary of the clinical issue.
- Following the PICOT format, write a PICOT question in your selected nursing practice problem area of interest. The PICOT question should be applicable to your proposed capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
- The PICOT question will provide a framework for your capstone project.
- Conduct a literature search to locate six research articles focused on your selected nursing practice problem of interest. This literature search should include three quantitative and three qualitative peer-reviewed research articles to support your nursing practice problem.
Note: To assist in your search, remove the words qualitative and quantitative and include words that narrow or broaden your main topic. For example: Search for diabetes and pediatric and dialysis. To determine what research design was used in the articles the search produced, review the abstract and the methods section of the article. The author will provide a description of data collection using qualitative or quantitative methods. Systematic Reviews, Literature Reviews, and Metanalysis articles are good resources and provide a strong level of evidence but are not considered primary research articles. Therefore, they should not be included in this assignment.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Imagine that a Unit Coordinator and the Nursing Director of a hospital are having a discussion:
Unit Coordinator: We just can’t seem to get these lab results fast enough for the physicians to use them! I have seen 6 lab tests reordered this week alone, when a consulting doc didn’t realize that the attending physician had already ordered them.
Nursing Director: We do seem to have a problem with getting lab results back into the charts. Can’t you just work faster or harder to get the paperwork assembled?
Unit Coordinator: The lab sends paper results up with runners every hour or two. But then we have to find the right chart, making sure we paste the results in the right spot in the chart. Sometimes the runners send up results that are four or five hours old. You should see the docs steaming when they still don’t know the results of the latest CBC or blood gas analysis! Then the patient gets upset about the phlebotomist coming around again to draw blood. I mean, who would want to get stuck in the arm twice in 3-4 hours?
Nursing Director: Well, I’ll see what we can do. We were talking in utilization committee just the other day about duplicate charges on lab work. We had thought it was a billing duplication problem. Now I see, maybe it’s bigger than that.
Write a 1-2 page text paper that answers the following:
- If you were director of the health information management department in this hospital and wanted to improve on the current system, what would you recommend?
- If an electronic computerized solution is proposed, what would you specify that system has to be able to do?
- What departments would it need to communicate with?
- Use your background in health information technology to write a Needs Analysis proposing a solution and specifying system features.
Be sure to cite your source(s)
You recently read about the role the environment and ecosystems play in our economy and society. This included an example of the New York City drinking water supply and the measures NYC (and other cities in similar situations) is taking to invest in an ecosystem service rather than a more expensive infrastructure alternative.
Do some independent research and find a different example of how an ecosystem service is valued. You need at least one source but if the source is reliable (academic journal, industry report, newspaper article, etc.) you do not need multiple sources.
Submit a written assignment (no more than 1 page) that answers the following questions:
- Explain what the ecosystem is, what service it provides to the community, and how that service contributes to human development.
- Is there a quantitative value assigned to the service (i.e. $)? How?
- Is there an estimate of how much an alternative (infrastructure) system would cost?
- In what ways does can this ecosystem valuation be improved?
Submityourhomework.com is a company that’s driven more to academic excellence than monetary gains. This is why our rates are always low and affordable to all. Our aim is to reach out to as many college students as possible.
Submit a written request and our customer service team will reply back to you as quickly as possible (usually within 10 minutes).
Phone: +1 (805) 568 7317