A white paper originally referred to a government report and meant that the paper was authoritative and informative. White papers today have taken on a broader meaning and are used when a writer wants to make an argument for a specific position or propose a solution to a problem. Typically, the audience for a white paper is the general public seeking a solution to their problems or answers to their questions.
Within your white paper, include the following:
- Explain how enrolling in a master’s degree in psychology program will help you succeed professionally.
- How will this program prepare you to help others in the area of psychology you plan to go into?
- How do the expectations of you as a practitioner-scholar help prepare you for professional success?
- What role will research play in your career, and what type of research do you want to do?
- What insights did you gain from the research you conducted for Assessment 3?
- Analyze the requirements for a psychology professional.
- Describe the skills and competencies needed to be successful in the field of psychology.
- Explain the laws and policies that guide the practice of psychology.
- Explain the ethical conduct expected of a psychology professional.
- Outline the process to become a psychology professional, such as credentialing, certification, licensure, and so on.
- Compare the requirements to become a psychology professional with the skills and knowledge you already possess.
- Where are the greatest gaps in knowledge?
- What areas of concern do you have (if any)?
- Develop an action plan to achieve your professional goals. (Please focus on the major milestones and do not get lost in the enormous number of smaller steps that you might take.)
- In addition to completing your Capella program, will you also participate in any additional training or volunteer opportunities?
- Will you create opportunities in your current position that will help you build skill and knowledge?
- What professional groups and organizations might you join to help with networking or informational interviews?
- How will you stay current with the research and literature in the field? What resources will you use to help develop the competencies needed to be successful both professionally and academically?
Be sure you adhere to APA guidelines for style and formatting, and reference at least five resources that may include both scholarly literature and professional sources.
- Format: Include a title, page, abstract page, and reference page.
- Length: 7–9 pages, double-spaced.
- References: At least five current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points