For this assignment, you will review the media Jason’s Case Study as a focus, as you start to develop you own premises of how you would explain criminal behavior. There is no wrong or right answer in terms of which of the disorders you choose. Your success will be determined by how well you are applying the basic components of the disorder you choose.
After reviewing the media Jason’s Case Study, discuss one of the following:
- Affective disorder. For example, depressive and bipolar disorders. Is Jason’s difficulty self-regulating, a biological condition, or a learned behavior?
- Substance abuse. For example, is Jason’s drug use indicative of a disease model or is it socially influenced?
- Anxiety. For example, is Jason dealing with a neurochemical or hormonal imbalance, or is it a learned behavior or a behavior modification, or is there some secondary gain for Jason?
- Psychotic disorders. For example, does Jason experience thought distortion or difficulty with reality testing?
- for example, Anxiety Disorders, or Disruptive, Impulse-control, and Conduct Disorders
In your paper:
- Analyze the case study in terms of the psychology. Note: Choose only one of the disorders listed that you think is most closely related to Jason’s case. Through your analysis of Jason’s case study describe how he meets the criteria of the disorder you have chosen. Remember, a disorder is based on time, duration, intensity, and the degree to which it interferes with everyday functioning (social, interpersonal, work, and patterns in relationships) and not just the observable behavior.
- Determine social factors (for example, parenting styles, rejection by loved ones, lack of limits, et cetera) that impact Jason’s behavior (for example, his bullying, lying, and drug use).
- Describe what you have found in the case that is relevant for a court case for either the defense or the prosecution.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of three references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.