The purpose of this assignment is to illustrate how much air pollution we are subjected to in our own homes. In this two-part assignment, you first calculate the total pounds of CO2 emissions in your household, and then identify your greatest challenge in lowering your total emissions. In the second part, you review a variety of indoor pollutant hazards, and then identify indoor air quality hazards in your own home.
Complete the APA Title Page Template and then insert additional blank page(s) to add in the Part 1 and Part 2 content for this assignment submission.
Answer the questions on the Carbon Footprint Calculator website to calculate your carbon footprint in your household, measured in pounds of CO2 emissions.
Click the View Your Report button to view:
- Your estimated pounds of CO2 emissions per year
- What your planned actions to reduce emissions are equivalent to in terms of:
- Saving n gallons of gas
- Planting n trees
- Recycling n tons of waste
Write a response of at least 100 words to each of the following questions concerning your calculated results from the Carbon Footprint Calculator website:
- Which area was your highest contributor toward your total footprint–home energy, transportation, or waste? What actions can you take to lower your carbon footprint in this area?
- What is your greatest challenge in lowering your total footprint?
- Summarize what the actions you planned to reduce emissions would amount to in terms of saving n gallons of gas, planting n trees, and recycling n tons of waste
Select two potential indoor air quality hazards in your home.
Write a response of at least 100 words to each of the following questions concerning the potential hazards identified:
- What are the possible health effects of each hazard identified?
- Do you believe your health is at risk based on your exposure to the hazards? Why or why not?
- What could you do to reduce exposure to each hazard?
Format Part 1 and Part 2 according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.