Unit 2 Case Assignment: An Environment for Change
For this assignment, you are to prepare a brief report in which you identify and define your organization and/or industry of choice and in which you begin to analyze the organization’s change environment.
First, you must select an organization to use for your case. Choose carefully! You will continue to use this same organization for the Unit 3 and Unit 4 Case.
It might be good to use your place of work or an organization in which you are involved. If you do not work or if you are not involved in any organization, then you should select an organization that interests you or perhaps where a family member works. If none of these situations apply to you, then select a local organization. We all have community fast food restaurants and supermarkets that would be excellent choices.
Your report should contain the following information and points. This report is not to be written as questions and answers. You must write in paragraph/essay format. The bullet points listed here just describe the content that you need to include in this report.
- . Identify the organization or industry you have selected.
- . Explain why you selected this organization or industry.
- . Describe the core business of this organization and include the mission statement.
- . Include a brief history of this organization.
- . Briefly identify this organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- . Identify one core competency for this organization. (Refer to the media presentation on core competencies.)
- . Be sure you explain why you think this is a core competency.
- . How does this competency differentiate the company from its competitors?
- . How does this competency contribute to the company’s current success?
- . Based on your research and findings, how should this organization use its strengths and core competencies to offset weaknesses and threats for future growth and success?
- . How should this organization deal with a constantly changing business environment to be successful?
- . In conclusion, give an example of one type of change this company is facing now or will face in the future.
- . From your point of view, how significant is this change and how might this change impact the organization?
1. Refer to the grading rubric at the end of this page.
2. Your report should be from 2-3 pages long. This does not include the cover page.
3. Use APA style to format your paper and cite your sources. You are not required to create an abstract. The APA tutorial here in our course gives excellent help with citation. The EPI Online Library has information and templates for APA citation. You should also make good use of the Writing Assistance Center (WAC). The instructors in the WAC can help you with organization, structure, grammar and citation.
4. Insert a cover page that includes the title of your project, your name, the course, and the date.
5. Your report must be in essay format. This means you must write in complete sentences and paragraphs instead of just inserting answers under headings.
6. You must use at least one outside resource for this report.
7. Name your file: BUS224_U2_Case_(Your last name)
8. Please make sure you proof your file in addition to running spell check before submitting.