Aspects of talent management
Talent Management Planning and Implementation
The competition of the global marketplace has put a premium on hiring, developing, and retaining employees who are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced (Lockwood, 2006). In order to effectively meet such challenges, talent management planning is necessary to proactively promote forecasting needs, providing opportunities for development, and offering options for filling requirements. However, developing a talent management plan is only the first step, as proper support and implementation of the plan is crucial once it is in place (Lockwood, 2006).
Assignment Question –
For this Assignment, review the media for this week. Consider various aspects of talent management and personnel psychology introduced throughout this course and how those aspects can be incorporated into an integrated talent management plan for Greenway Inc. Then, consider how you might implement the plan at Greenway Inc.
Develop a talent management plan for Greenway Inc. and describe its implementation. Be sure to outline key plan elements and how performance plays a role in its execution.
In your plan, specifically address the following:
- Talent panels
- Success criteria
- Succession schemes
- Career discussions
- Employee development
Provide an APA reference list and use appropriate APA citations in each paragraph throughout your assignment.
Do a 4- to 5-page integrated talent management plan.
Note – I have attached what has been done on this project so far to assist as a guideline please also click on the media link to get the required Greenway Inc. virtual window
- Davis, R. A., Flett, G. L., & Besser, A. (2002). Validation of a new scale for measuring problematic Internet use: Implications for pre-employment screening. Cyber Psychology & Behavior, 5(4), 331–345.
- Jansen, B. J., Jansen, K. J., & Spink, A. (2005). Using the web to look for work: Implications for online job seeking and recruiting. Internet Research, 15(1), 49–66.
- Kluemper, D. H., & Rosen, P. A. (2009). Future employment selection methods: Evaluating social networking web sites. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24(6), 567–580.
- Nielsen, M. L., & Kuhn, K. M. (2009). Late payments and leery applicants: Credit checks as a selection test. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 21(2), 115–130.
- Posthuma, R. A., Morgeson, F. P., & Campion, M. A. (2002). Beyond employment interview validity: A comprehensive narrative review of recent research and trends over time. Personnel Psychology, 55(1), 1–81.
- Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2013a). Building overview with dept. figures [Interactive media]. Baltimore, MD: Author. Retrieved from http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/PSYC/8576/01/mm/greenway/index10.html