Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
Write a 1,200- to 1,400-word paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism would be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources.
Imagine you have been asked to teach a small group of your peers about animal organs.
Create 10 multiple-choice questions to test knowledge of the structure and function of animal organs.
Address the functions of each of the following concepts in your test.
- Differences between asymmetrical, radial symmetry and bilateral symmetry.
- Differences between endotherms and exotherms.
- Definition and examples of epithelial tissue. (provide one example)
- Definition and examples of connective tissue. (provide one example)
- Definition and examples of muscle tissue. (provide one example)
- Definition and examples of nervous tissue. (provide one example)
Use the Physiology Test Template (See attachment ) to complete this assignment.
Cite your sources according to APA guidelines.