Note: this is a discussion board response; no need to do a full research paper on this**
For this discussion, you will have the opportunity to learn more about a psychological disorder that is not covered in this course. You will pick a disorder from the list given to you and you will conduct research to investigate the following topics:
- Diagnostic criteria of the disorder
List of Psychological Disorders
|Body Dysmorphic Disorder||Hypochondriasis||Dhat|
|Childhood Disintegrative Disorder||Kleptomania||Ghost Sickness|
|Dissociative Fugue||Tourette’s Disorder||Hwa – Byung|
|Shenjing Shuairuo||Locura||Mal de Ojo|
|Amok||Ataque de Nervios||Boufee Delirante|
Instructions for responses
- Diagnostic Criteria
- Please describe the diagnostic criteria utilized to diagnose this disorder. You can utilize the DSM-V diagnostic criteria or the ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) diagnostic criteria. One thing to keep in mind is that when using a Culture Bound Syndrome, finding the diagnostic criteria may be difficult. Please cite where you found your criteria.
- Please provide epidemiological statistics (prevalence, incidence, lifetime prevalence) for your disorder. You need to provide a) overall prevalence data, b) gender difference data, and c) data on at least 2 subgroups of your choice (e.g. African-Americans & Asian-Americans, or children & adults). Please cite your information.
- Please provide information about the etiological theories of your disorder. Your answer should include at least 2 different approaches/perspectives about the cause of the disorder you chose. Please cite your information.
- Choose and describe two potential treatments
5. Reference Page
- Please include an APA reference page at the end of your assignment.
- At least 2 of your references must come from peer-reviewed scholarly journals. Other information can come from other sources EXCEPT Wikipedia. Refer to Academic Journal list handout for ideas about where to find acceptable articles for this assignment.