Controversies in Psychology
Prepare a 4–6 page written presentation on the controversy in psychology you selected in Assessment 5. Explain both sides of the controversy, analyze the research related to the controversy, and explain the implications of the research findings.
Imagine that the annotated bibliography you completed in Assessment 5 was so good that your supervisor has now asked you to write her presentation for her. The presentation must address a controversy in psychology and present both sides of the controversy equally. But you will also need to determine which side makes the most compelling argument based on the research you have found.
Please be sure you use the same topic you selected in Assessment 5.
Use the resources from your annotated bibliography. Although you may find that not all of the articles from the bibliography will provide the support you need for this assessment, you will still need to cite and reference at least five recent scholarly resources.
Follow APA guidelines for formatting this assessment, and include an abstract.
Write an APA-formatted article on a controversy in psychology in which you:
- Explain both sides of a controversy from a psychological perspective. (This should be done within your introduction.)
- Analyze the research on the controversy from differing perspectives.
- Present one side of the controversy and the research that supports it. Be sure you explain how the research was conducted, as well as any assumptions made by the researcher(s).
- Present the other side of the controversy and the research that supports it. Explain how the research was conducted, as well as any assumptions made by the researcher(s).
- Explain the implications of the research findings. Be sure you include any ethical implications. (This should be done as part of your conclusion.)
- Include a title page, abstract, and reference page.
- Number of pages: 4–6, not including title page, abstract, and reference page.
- At least 5 current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA format.
- Times New Roman font, 12 pt.