Developing an Advocacy Campaign
1. Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue.
2. Locate two scholarly articles, each of which provides a description of an effective health advocacy campaign that addresses your issue. The articles need to focus on two different advocacy campaigns.
3. Analyze the attributes of the two campaigns to determine what made them effective.
4. Reflect on a policy you could propose or suggest a change to a current policy to improve the health of the population you selected.
5. Consider how you could develop an advocacy campaign, applying the attributes identified in similar, effective campaigns.
To complete: For the Part 1 application (approximately 3–4 pages of content with a title page and references in APA format) address the following:
1. Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
2. Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.
3. Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
4. Begin to develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution 1. Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented 2. Begin to substantiate of your proposed campaign by data and evidence. 3. Be sure to paste the rubric at the end of your paper.