Week 3 Discussion 2
“Ethics in the Workplace” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss the varying degree of ethics found in organizations you have worked for and how these cultures affected you and / or your work. Then, discuss how you know you are part of an ethical organization.
- You have completed a report for your supervisor that outlines a problem that cannot be solved easily or quickly. About one week later the same report is circulated throughout the company that has been altered significantly. You suspect your supervisor made changes to undermine the severity of the problem. Do you have an ethical obligation to speak up? Discuss how you would handle this situation.
Week 4 Discussion 1
“Graphics” Please respond to the following:
- Describe two common types of graphs, tables, or charts that you see used in your work or school. Discuss whether or not they effectively communicate the purpose, and what other graphics might be more effective for the intended audience.
- From the e-Activity, describe what makes each graphic a good or bad example of a graphic. For each, identify at least two more ideas to make each better.
Week 4 eActivity
- Research the Internet for one example of a well-designed graphic and one example of a poorly designed graphic. For on-ground classes print the graphic and bring to class. For online students record the URL. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 4 Discussion 2
Top of Form
“Writing for the Web” Please respond to the following:
- You have likely seen hundreds of thousands of Web pages over the span of your lifetime. Generalize how well you feel the audience and purpose overall of all the Websites you have viewed are aligned. Speculate to the reason behind your generalization.
- Having summarized your general observations about Websites, discuss what you feel is the most common error you encounter in poorly written or displayed Websites.
Discreet Math 311 Week 4 Discussion
“Graphs, Functions, and Trees” Please respond to the following:
- Examine two to three of the challenges involved with using graphs, functions, and trees when modeling relationships. Provide examples with your response Of the topics presented in this chapter, determine which is the most important for solving relational thinking problems. Discuss your reasoning behind your selection.