As the lead consultant for Sensible Essentials, do the following:
- Describe and evaluate the financial environment at Genesis Energy by using ratio analysis of the company.
- Choose one ratio from each of the five categories listed in the table on page 103 of your textbook, Brigham and Ehrhardt, and do a 3-year ratio trend analysis. Compare these results to the industry averages. What do the results tell you?
- Name three specific options that are available to Genesis Energy for obtaining needed capital.
- Identify and explain two ways Genesis Energy can improve its strategy.
- Explain what specific macroeconomic factors are likely to affect genesis, i.e., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates etc. Please do a brief country risk assessment and discuss the most likely problems a company like Genesis Energy is likely going to confront when contemplating an international expansion. What would be the least risky avenue for them to get their product/service to the country you have chosen? Which entry mode is the riskiest? Explain.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Then, create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint with Speaker’s notes and references (including research) presenting your findings to the Genesis Energy operations management team.
Use the following file naming conventions: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A4.doc and LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A4.ppt. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A4.doc and SmithJ_M1_A4.ppt.