Write and submit a short essay response to the following questions:
- What is the difference between a label that reads “Natural,” “Organic,” and “USDA Organic”?
- Some resources indicate that it is more important to look for organic labels on certain foods than on others. Why?
- What are some examples of GMOs?
- What are the benefits and/or drawbacks of using GMOs?
- Do you think GMO products should be labeled as such? Why, or why not?
- Deciding what to eat is a big decision that everyone must make. How do you evaluate which products are the best ones to purchase? How do you review the food labels to determine which products to buy?
- How will we be able to measure the potential impact of GMOs on human health?