Foundations of Inquiry
Write a brief summary (suggested length of 2–3 pages) of the significance and background of a healthcare problem by doing the following:
- Describe a healthcare problem.
- Explain the significance of the problem.
- Describe the current practice related to the problem.
- Discuss how the problem impacts the organization and/or patient’s cultural background.
- Complete the attached “PICO Table Template” by identifying allthe elements of the PICO.
- Develop the PICO question.
- Describe the search strategy (suggested length of 1–2 pages) you used to conduct the literature review by doing the following:
- Identify the keywords used for the search.
- Describe the number and types of articles that were available for consideration.
- Discuss tworesearch evidence and two non-research evidence sources that were considered (levels I–V).
- Complete the attached “Evidence Matrix” to list fiveresearch evidence sources (levels I–III) from scholarly journal sources you locate in major medical databases.
Note: Four different authors should be used for research evidence. Research evidence must not be more than five years old.
Note: You may submit your completed matrix as a separate attachment to the task or you may include the matrix within your paper, aligned to APA standards.
- Explain a recommended practice change (suggested length of 1–3 pages) that addresses the PICO question within the framework of the evidence collected and used in the attached “Evidence Matrix.”
- Describe a process for implementing the recommendation from part E (suggested length of 2–3 pages) in which you do the following:
- Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in the decision to implement the recommendation.
- Describe the specific barriers you may encounter in applying evidence to practice changes in the nursing practice setting.
- Identify two ndicator to measure the outcome related to the recommendation.
- Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized