Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Choose a specific disorder, and then conduct web research to find a person (i.e., living or not, historical, famous, and/or even fictional) who suffers from one of the conditions listed. You will then use this individual as a case study for the specifications that follow for this discussion. Choose from the following list:
- Anorexia or Bulimia
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Specific Phobias (e.g., public speaking, heights, animals, etc.)
- Substance Abuse
For a minimum of 350 words, assume the role of a cognitive behavioral therapist who is treating the individual you have researched. Your initial post should address and focus on the following items rather than centering the activity on a detailed description of the disorder.
- Briefly describe the disorder.
- Identify the assessment strategy for diagnosing the disorder.
- Describe in detail a cognitive behavioral experiment you might use with this client to address the chosen disorder. Your experiment should include both cognitive and behavioral aspects and be measurable.
- Apply cognitive and behavioral theories to explain and justify your experiment.