This assessment requires you to complete a Genetic/Genomic Nursing Assessment using the information found in your text on page 224, Box 8-7. You DO NOT need to create a family tree. Rather create a family or use your own, write out your assignment in APA format and address the items from the Nursing Assessment box 8-7. (box attached below) 600 words
Your paper should include the following information:
- Identify three generations of one family (male/female, age, role in the family such as son/daughter, father, mother, grandmother, grandfather). You may use grandparents, parents, and children. Be sure to find a family with children.
- Brief health history of each family member (for example what health problems has each member encountered in his/her lifetime). Focus on any/all genetic diseases that may be present or those for which family members may be at risk.
- Complete a reproduction history for relevant above identified family members
- Describe the ethnic backgrounds of family member
- Identify any growth and development variations of each member
- State to what extent each family member understands the causes of their health problems
- Relate what questions family members may have about potential genetic risks
- Describe what nursing intervention strategies the family health nurse should relate to your selected family based on the obtained assessment