Compose a 2 or 3-page essay in which you:
- Describe the theoretical perspective (functionalist, conflict, or interactionist) to which you relate the most and why.
- Briefly describe how the social institution (e.g., family, religion, education, or government) you selected in the Rough Draft Essay Worksheet Assignment and briefly describe how this social institution contributes to the transmission of society’s values.
- Identify and state a problem or issue related to that social institution, and use at least one theoretical perspective to describe the social problem.
- Conduct research to learn more about the problem. Use the information that you find to create evidence to explore the social institution and social problem in the context of a changing society.
- Describe at least one recommendation that you would make to the social institution to encourage positive social change. How could the social problem be better addressed?
Consider the ways that social institutions contribute to the formation of society’s values. For example, how is the social institution that you selected portrayed in the media? What current problems or issues is the institution facing?
My topic is essay I have chosen is about homeless families ended up on the streets due to substance abuse and drug or alcohol addiction.The reason I pick this topic is because;in our society, we have so many family members losing their homes due to addictions or mental illness. The forces which distress homelessness are complex and often interactive in nature. Social forces such as addictions, family breakdown, and mental illness are compounded by structural forces such as lack of available low-cost housing, poor economic conditions, and insufficient mental health services.