- Patient education technology
1. Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
2. Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
- You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper about the topic that you have selected.
- Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general and nursing care in particular. Keep in mind that APA guidelines state you are not to use the heading “Introduction,” but you should include it at the beginning of your paper.
- Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources. The course textbook does not qualify as a scholarly source. Cite all sources in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
- Provide one example of this topic. Describe the main features or aspects of the example with support from your sources.
- Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving healthcare or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect or one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved.
- Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic, the purpose, and how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
- Use Microsoft Word to develop your paper. Use APA formatting. Refer to the Publication Manual of the APA, sixth edition.