Imagine you are a teacher. You notice that your students demonstrate various types of intelligences as described by Gardner. You understand the importance of allowing students to demonstrate intelligence in various ways. You know all students can be successful when instructional methods are differentiated to capitalize on their intellectual strengths. Therefore when creating lesson plans you try to address a variety of intelligences.
Write a (250-500-word) lesson plan for a chosen age group.
- Identify one age-appropriate concept to teach the group.
- Differentiate the instruction of one lesson to address the identified concept as well as two of Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences (see page 277 of your textbook).
Your lesson plan should include the following:
- Identify grade level of students.
- Identify content/subject area standards.
- Identify the concept to be taught.
- Identify learning objectives.
- Identify two types of intelligence addressed.
- Select one activity per intelligence.
- Provide step-by-step instructions for each activity.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.