Phase 6: Implementation of the Care Plan
You are now in Phase 6 of your Capstone project. You have developed a comprehensive care plan for the aggregate. Over the next two weeks, you will develop an implementation plan for your aggregate.
The first step to effective implementation is planning. As you go about this task, answer the following questions:
- What small group would you select (for example, three families with young children, a group of five AIDS patients, and so on)? What made you select this particular group?
- What portion of the plan would you like to implement in the small group?
- What health risk do you expect to tackle by implementing this intervention?
- What results do you expect?
- How do you plan to implement this intervention? Do you have any specific strategy in mind? What resources will you need?
- How long do you think it will take for the results to be seen?
- What resources do you need?
By the due date assigned, prepare a 1-2 page Microsoft Word document with your responses to the questions above and submit it to the Submissions Area.
Evidence-based practice (EBP) is crucial to enhance best practices, yet barriers to practice integration continue to persist despite reported effectiveness. As a current or future nurse leader, reflect upon the two strategies you would employ to integrate and implement EBP in your workplace.
Support your discussion and opinions with facts, relevant examples from personal nursing practice, and at least two citations from the reading or peer-reviewed professional nursing literature. Remember to use APA Manual (6th ed.) formatting for all discussion posts in-text and reference citations.