Legal Field: Civil Litigation
Focus Area: Proportionality
- The Physicians All. Corp. v. WellCare Health Ins. of Ariz., Inc., No. 16-203-SDD-RLB, 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 31001 (M.D. La. Feb. 27, 2018)
- Klipsch Grp., Inc. v. ePRO E-Commerce Ltd., 880 F.3d 620 (2d Cir. 2018)
- Motorola Sols., Inc. v. Hytera Communs. Corp., 314 F. Supp. 3d 931 (N.D. Ill. 2018)
- Compare courts’ opinions regarding imposed sanctions relative to the concept of “proportionality” in Klipsch Group, Inc.; Motorola Solutions, Inc.; and The Physicians Alliance Corp.;
- Discuss whether party misconduct resulting an extremely large monetary sanction is appropriate when the amount is highly disproportionate to the overall worth of a case; and
- Discuss the element(s) the court in Motorola Solutions, Inc., considered in reversing their prior ruling which granted Plaintiff’s discovery request.