· Select a famous individual from the 20th or 21st centuries. Be sure to obtain faculty approval for your selection prior to beginning this assignment. Conduct research concerning the background of your selected individual to determine what forces have impacted his or her life from the viewpoint of developmental psychology.
· Based on your research, prepare a 1,050 to 1,400-word paper in which you address the following items:
· Distinguish between the influences of heredity and environment on his/her psychological development. Be sure to specify which area of psychological development (moral, emotional, etc.).
· What family issues and/or social support systems may have influenced their developmental growth and adjustment?
· Select two different theories of personality and apply them to your selected figure, and answer the following question: How does each theory differ in terms of how it explains the individual’s unique patterns or traits?
· Explain which theoretical approach you believe best explains the individual’s behaviors and achievements. Make sure to explain why you made this choice.
2The first part of recognizing how to help with change is to understand life from your own perspective. What leads you, guides you, makes you do what you do? How can you alter what you do? How can you use your perspective to help others and when do you need to change your perspective? We often don’t realize how important it is that we have a good understanding of ourselves before we head into, or even for that matter, choose a career. Helping people means we are secure in ourselves. Of course, we might all have issues that we will never full understand or address but as long as we can show others that we know who we are and can “flex” we can help. Does that make sense? When we hope to help others change their perspective and learn how to do it, the best way is often by example. As we have discussed in our Team think thread parents often lead by modeling. In any and every profession you can model behaviors and ways to improve as well.