Assignment 1: Discussion—The Role of Change
No matter the age, athletes consistently face transitions. Change seems to be a constant in sport. Whether it is moving from t-ball to coach pitch, from a college team to a professional team, from a college team to a coaching position, or from even being a starter to sitting the bench due to an injury, athletes must be prepared to effectively cope with change.
For this assignment, do the following:
- Keep in mind the concepts of emotions, motivation, goal setting, self-efficacy, and optimism that you learned in the last few modules and read the following article:
Samuel, R., & Tenenbaum, G. (2011). The role of change in athletes’ careers: A scheme of change for sport psychology practice. Sport Psychologist, 25(2), 233–252. (EBSCO AN: 62850539)
- Then address the following:
- Provide an example of change or transition that an athlete may encounter.
- How might the transition impact the athlete with regard to each of the concepts? Your response to this question should include the following:
- Details about the athlete and the specific example of change or transition
- Conceptualization of the situation in terms of concepts covered in class (e.g., associated emotions, motivation, self-efficacy, impact on goal setting, perceived control, optimism, etc.)
- Your recommendations as a sport psychology consultant
Be sure to integrate information from your readings and scholarly sources.
Write your initial response in 300–400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area.
Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Address the following when reviewing your peers’ responses:
- Provide thoughtful and supportive feedback to your peer regarding the conceptualization and recommendations provided.
- Do you have a different point of view or would you offer different or additional recommendations?
Assignment 1 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsProvided an appropriate example of change that an athlete may encounter.4Explained how the transition might impact the athlete with respect to the concepts of emotions, motivation, goal setting, self-efficacy, and optimism and made appropriate recommendations displaying in-depth research and analysis.4Actively contributed to the discussion by providing points of view with rationale, challenging points of the discussion, or drawing relationships between points of the discussion.8Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.4Total:20
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post M8A1 The Role Of Chzange appeared first on Submit Your Assignment.