HEALING FOR DAMAGED EMOTIONS
Please do not BID if you do not have the textbooks:
HEALING FOR DAMAGED EMOTIONS- DAVID SEAMANDS
YOUR PERSONALITY and the SPIRITUAL LIFE- REGINALD JOHNSON.
LEARNING ACTIVITY #4: HURTING DISCUSSION
- Read Chapter 12 in your text by Seamand
- Read Chapter 1 in your text by Johnson
- Write 2-3 paragraphs discussing the realities of the fact that we are “human Christians.”
- Prepare to engage in discussion sharing why we are hurting ourselves even as we attempt to help others. Include also how and what becomes the means of our transcending our hurt to engage in healing damaged emotions of others. Be sure to identify your experience(s) as you have helped another when you were hurting.
LEARNING ACTIVITY #5: SELF-ACTUALIZATION DISCUSSION
- View the video presentation The Great Carl Rogers – A Person Centered Therapy found at the following link:
- Read the article titled Maslow’s Hierarchy.
- Discuss your thoughts as related to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Rogers’ characteristics necessary for effective counseling. Be sure to include comments as to self actualization, empathy, congruence, and unconditional positive regard. Also share how you have been affected when others have expressed these kinds of characteristics in relationship with you.