Topic: A critical analysis of Media representation of disability and persons with disabilities. Reflect on and research how the Media in its different formats such as written and digital, Hollywood movies, TV news, programs and commercial endorsements, TV and radio talk shows, magazines, newspapers, newsletters and the newest technological means of media communications portray disability and persons with disabilities in reference to their characteristics and individuality, and their roles within their families and in society.
Your analysis will focus on:
1) how the media influences society’s perspectives toward disability and persons with disabilities;
2) has the media added to the discrimination of persons with disabilities; or
3) has the media, as it continues to evolve, improved the portrayal of disability and persons with disabilities while influencing the public’s perception and attitudes toward disability and social inclusion in all aspects of society.
It is expected that this research paper will be 6 to 8 pages in length and well documented with citations and updated 6 to 8 references. See below for more information on Format Requirements.
- Font = 12 point; Arial or Times New Roman. Line spacing 2.0.
- Please use in-text citations in American Psychological Association (APA) style, as shown in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. List all documents used in a bibliography at the end of your paper, and follow bibliographic formatting as shown in the APA style guide mentioned above.
- Be sure to use appropriate language; do NOT use colloquial language; this is an official written assignment.
- Grammar and spelling are important to this assignment.