The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess an actual case client named L who is presenting certain psychosocial problems (which would be diagnosed using Z codes).
To prepare: Use a differential” diagnosis process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in “The Case of L” (ATTACHED) to determine if the case meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis.
Submit a 5- to 7 page paper in which you:
- 1. Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
- 2. Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
- 3. Identify 2–3 of the close differentials that you considered for the case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
- 4. Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
- 5. Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
- 6. Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
- 7. Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
- 8. Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Mental Health Diagnosis Of Disorder appeared first on Submit Your Assignment.