HE366 Alcohol and Drug Study: Methamphetamine Question Sheet
Methamphetamine is a potent stimulant drug that can be made in any home. The demand for “meth” in the street is high, so drug dealers seek a steady supply. Oregon is the state having the biggest methamphetamine abuse problem, and now is the state that has developed programs to prevent this ruinous epidemic.
Watch the documentary “Meth Epidemic” on Frontline,PBS
Answer these questions:
- What is the main ingredient in street meth?
- Where is “ingredient” it made?
- What is the DEA doing to slow down production of street meth?
- Explain how street purity of meth relates to increasing and decreasing levels of abuse and addiction in the population. What impacted the street meth purity, what made it rise and fall twice in the 1990’s.
- What is the “Oregon solution”? How did it change meth manufacture in Oregon?
- Where is this solution being implemented in the US? Why is this not being used everywhere in the US?