Create a discussion post in response to the following using information provided in the scenario and taking the information that was read in the assignments & applying it to the scenario:
- List at least four (4) factors that place this patient at risk for falls
- Identify the nursing assessment(s) that provide(s) the data to determine the appropriate nursing diagnoses for this patient
- List two nursing diagnosis statements for this patient
Actual: NANDA-I diagnosis, an etiology and the defining characteristics (nursing diagnosis + related to + as evidenced by).
Risk: NANDA-1 diagnosis + etiology(related to)
- Identify the data cluster (grouping of significant data that points to the existence of the patient health problem) used to select the nursing diagnosis. o Identify one patient outcome (realistic, measureable and contains a time frame).
- List at least four (4) interventions the RN would implement to ensure the patient remains free from falls during the hospitalization.
- Label each intervention as independent nursing action (intervention) or interdependent nursing action (intervention)
- Provide a rationale for each action (intervention)
- Provide a reference for each of your rationales
- Compare your identified risk factors to a developmental stage other than the elderly (such as infant, toddler, school age child, adolescent, young adult or middle age adult). Are they alike or dissimilar?
- How does the RN know the patient understands the teaching provided about a safe environment was effective?