Select one of the following agencies:
- Government or other agency,that regulates the health care industry or a particular segment of the industry. Examples include:
- Government: CDC, CMS, FDA, State Pharmacy Boards, State Boards of Nursing, etc.
- Accrediting bodies: JCAHO (also called TJC), CARF, DNV, etc
- Government agency that regulates prison health care: Federal Bureau of Prisons, California State Prison Board [NOTE: Volunteer standard setting organizations like National Commission on Correctional Health Care is NOT an option]
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper that explains the role and impact of the agency on the health care industry or prison health care. Include the following:
- Describe the agency’s structure.
- Explain the organization’s effect on health care.
- Describe one example of the agency carrying out its duties.
- Explain what regulatory authority the agency has in relation to health care.
- Explain how agencies deal with the elements of negligence and intentional torts that could affect risk and quality management for health care organizations.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your paper.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.