Neurons and Action Potential
There are three parts to this assignment.
Part I: Neurons and Action Potential
Write a letter to your five-year-old cousin that describes in detail the electrical and chemical communication within and between neurons.
Use your textbook as a reference, but your letter must be understandable to a five-year-old (500 words)
Part II: Case studies of brain damage
Write a 500-word essay that describes:
- What can be learned by studying patients who have had a part of the brain damaged because of disease or injury?
- Include in your essay an evaluation of the case studies of Phineas Gage and split-brain patients
- Reference at least one specific example mentioned in the videos above that applies
Part III: Explore
Read: One of the articles described on this website that summarizes a research study (no need to read the full reach study, just the article): http://neurosciencenews.com/top-2016-neuroscience-articles-5842/
Write an informal blog entry (~250 words) that:
- Summarizes the main idea of the article and describes the link between this article and a key idea from your textbook.
- Identifies one question that remains unanswered
- After you submit your blog entry here, please post your blog entry on the discussion board so others can read it.
I am attaching the textbook pages as references for part 1 of the assignment.