One of the poorest decisions made in business history was the launch of New Coke by Coca Cola. One of the poorest personal decisions was Lance Armstrong’s decision to cheat with performance enhancing drugs. Carefully research each decision. Collect information on the following topics that will allow you to draw thoughtful conclusions:
- Identification of the decision made.
- Identify and explain the main facts that led to the decision being made.
- Identify and explain the decision process used in making the decision. (e.g. Who was involved in making the decision? What actions were taken before making the decision that led to its being made?)
- Identify and describe any alternatives considered in making the decision that were discounted. If so what and why were they discounted?
- Explain the actual decision made and why.
- Explain the outcome the decision had on the stakeholders.