These are the questions and heres a link to the video you need to watch to answer them
PBS Evolution-Extinction Part 3 of 7 series
1. Each strata or layer of rock represents a different time period. Which layers are the oldest?
2. What changes occurred in the Earth leading up to the Permian extinction with…
b. Sea level?
c. Global temperature?
d. Composition of the atmosphere?
3. What percent of species on the Earth went extinct during this event?
4. Explain how food webs are like a house of cards. Why can the loss of one or two species lead to the loss of many more?
5. What predator dominated the Triassic?
6. In general, what did mammals look like during this time period?
7. How did mammals survive the Triassic in spite of their smaller size?
8. Why were mammals more able to survive the K-T event, and eventually thrive?
9. What animals are often the first to disappear or go extinct within an ecosystem?
10. In a food chain, 100 pounds of plant will support… a. _________ pound(s) of herbivore, which will support… b. _________ pound(s) of carnivore.
11. What is the number one cause of human-related extinction?
12. What is the second-biggest cause?
13. How does the fossil record in Hawaii change after the Polynesians settled there?
14. How does the fossil record in Hawaii change after the Europeans settled there?
15. How did the brown tree snake affect Guam’s biodiversity?
16. What characteristics do invasive species have that give them an advantage in a new ecosystem?
17. How does leafy spurge negatively impact the Great Plains farmers?
18. What other invasive species is used to help control the leafy spurge?
19. List the organisms captured by the hidden cameras in Thailand. What do all these organisms have in common?