Learning Activity #5: Personality Theories Paper Describe Carl Roger’s humanistic view of personality
- Read Chapter 11 of your Meyers textbook.
- Write a 2-3-page paper (500 to 750 words) on the Psychodynamic and Humanistic views of personality. Address the following:
- Describe personality through the eyes of Psychodynamic theory, highlighting Sigmund Freud’s perspective on human nature/behavior.
- Explain the id, ego, superego as well as the main tenants of psychoanalysis.
- Explain defense mechanisms, naming and describing at least two or three.
- Describe personality through the eyes of the Humanistic perspective.
- Describe Carl Roger’s humanistic view of personality
- Describe Abraham Maslow’s humanistic view of personality
- Finally, provide your personal reflection on both Psychodynamic and Humanistic personality theory in light of your Christian Worldview.