Option # 1: Research Populations Affected
This week, you are researching various elements that will go into your final case study as part of your final Community Action Plan.
This week, conduct research on the following:
- Which populations are affected by the public health issue you have selected? (Public health issue is Smoking in Southern California)
- Describe the demographics of this population in detail. How old are they?
- Where do they live?
- What is their health like currently?
- What do we already know about the population you have identified?
- Where are our gaps in knowledge?
- What are some of the possible solutions to the issue you have identified, and how would these solutions influence public health overall?
- Write a well-organized list that is a 2- to 3-page paper, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- The paper must be formatted correctly using APA style. Remember, all research material used in your paper must be paraphrased and include an in-text citation.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted.
- Be sure you utilize your text appropriately as a reference and cite at least one other credible external reference such as a website or journal article to support your proposed resolution of the case.
- Your external sources can be trade publications, government information, newspaper articles, or scholarly or peer-reviewed journal articles journal articles.