SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT BID ON THE ASSIGNMENTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TEXTBOOK: GLOBAL CRITERIA: THE 12 CORE FUNCTIONS of the SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR. JOHN W. HERDMAN, PHD,; LADC SEVENTH EDITION.
Based on Chapter 5 of Herdman, please address the following questions.
- What life areas of the client do we assess?
- With this information what do we place in our assessment report after the interview process?
- What information is required by law on a client-signed release of information form?
- Why would a medical intervention be made instead of a community referral? Please explain.
It might be threatening to a client to hear the word “collaboration” or that a clinician is going to discuss his or her case with a colleague. The client may be very guarded with the information he or she shares and not want it to go beyond the current clinician.Clinicians will discuss confidentiality at the outset of the therapeutic process but should also discuss it throughout the treatment process, particularly if resources outside the clinician’s facility are used.
Read Chapter 13 in the textbook by Herdman.
A client is concerned with you collaborating with an outside service provider. How would you minimize the client’s concern in regard to collaboration and confidential information shared?Be sure you also address the following:
- Client consent to share client information.
- Discuss the kind of information that should not be disclosed without client authorization.
- Value of collaboration with other professionals in meeting the needs of the client.