It has been established that the Right to Health Care is not a guaranteed right in American law. Despite this, there have been many legal enactments that have incrementally moved in that direction without expressly granting it. After reviewing the background readings as well as doing your own research, draft a 1- to 2-page position statement, single-spaced, on whether the right to health care should be guaranteed in the United States. You will not be graded on which side you choose, but you must support your position with reputable and reliable sources; this is not an opinion piece.
Please review the following document on how to draft a position paper; you are expected to follow the outline that is located within this document.
Xavier University Library (2014) How to write a position paper. Retrieved from: https://www.xavier.edu/library/students/documents/position_paper.pdf
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your report.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 2 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/webresources.
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.