Nursing Concept Analysis
This is a theories of nursing class which relates to nursing theorists from the past, concepts in nursing, model cases and contrary cases ect.
The concept is: Nursing Care or caring
1)Develop a working definition of the concept which contains all the critical attributes of nursing care or caring (ex: compassion, honesty, trust)
2) Develop a Model Case (a perfect example of the concept) by story telling
This situation must validate the concept and include ALL characteristics of your working definition ( BY SHOWING THOSE PARTICULAR ATTRIBUTES AS ACTIONS).
3) Show any antecedents and consequences of the concept
4) Explain how the story relates to all the characteristics in the working definition
5) Develop a contrary case (an example which does not reflect the concept or shows the opposite).
6) Explain how the story does not show all of the concept characteristics in the working definition.
Nursing 208: LPN to BS Transition
Your APA Topic Paper will cover two very important aspects and course objectives of this course including:
1. The LPN/LVN to RN Transition and
2. APA Formatting/Transition into scholarly writing.
In this paper, you will explore major role differences between an LPN and RN and demonstrate your ability to use APA formatting. In addition, scholarly writing to demonstrate a transition to professional writing will also be evaluated. You will utilize two resources including:
1. Your LPN to RN Transitions: Achieving success in your new role textbook and
2. The selected article by Melrose et al. (2012) found here http://www.hindawi.com/journals/nrp/2012/946063/.
The paper should include the following four key areas:
2. Three major role differences between an LPN and RN, particularly those with a BS degree.
3. Strategies and suggestions to the transiting LPN/LVN in order to succeed with their new role as a BS prepared RN.
This paper should be no more than three pages in length, not including your title page and reference page. Although, I will be looking at the content of your paper, more importantly I am looking for your ability to write scholarly with spelling and grammar errors including APA formatting. Please see the attached grading rubric to achieve all points.