All throughout this unit, you have learned what is Biology and what it is about. All of the activities and applies have been preparing you to complete this unit project. Now it is time to demonstrate what you have learned. Some questions may require you to research ahead in your textbook or to review information from previous chapters.
- Click on the link in the Red Box to view the Project Rubrics for this project.
- Both Section A and Section B are required for the Project.
- You must follow all instructions to avoid losing points on the assignment.
- All attached submission MUST have a proper header that include your name and assignment title.
|Your Name: John Doe Doe|
|Your Assignment Title: Unit 1 Lesson 1: What Is Biology|
Section A: Short Answer Questions (20 points)
Answer the questions in space provided. (150 word minimum response)
What advantage does sexual reproduction have over asexual reproduction in plants? (150 word minimum response)
Plants are deﬁned by what main characteristics? (150 word minimum response)
Identify the parts of the flower (16 points)
Next describe what is the function of Part 3? (4 points)
|Section B: Virtual Lab (60) points: Plants
ALL LABS REQUIRE A COMPLETE AND PROPERLY FORMATTED LAB REPORT; ANY ASSIGNMENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE A LAB REPORT WILL BE GIVEN A FAILING GRADE. A SAMPLE REPORT FORMAT CAN BE FOUND ON THE LINK BELOW.
- Biology Lab Report Outline
- To open the links below, right click on the link and open it in a new tab or window.
- This lab requires that you vist each link listed on this page, and takes notes and observation on everything you see.
- THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSE ACCEPTED AS TO WHY YOU CANNOT PROVIDE A PROPERLY FORMATTED REPORT.
In this lab you will study the major kinds of plants, and all of there characteristics.
In this exercise you will complete the Plant Identification assignment, and use the information to the complete table and explain your finding.
Inorder to complete the lab you will need to visit each link and carefully read all of the information contained in each link, take notes and make important observations, complete any mini-labs and answer any questions asked in each link. All of the information will need to be included in your lab report. Your answers to the assessment questions will placed at the end of the lab report.
- Right click on the link below and open in a new tab or window.
- Complete the lab activities.
- Your are not required to complete the Soil or Germination experiment links.
- The Plant Identification image links are provided in the table below.
How to Identify Plant types.
Using the information you gathered from your research on the plant kingdom, complete the following table, and include it in the results section of your lab report.
- Identify the following plants as either bryophyte, seedless vascular, gymnosperm, monocot angiosperm or dicot angiosperm.
|Plant Image||Plant Identity|
|Key Points To Remember|
|1. Unless you are asked for a list, ALL answers to the questions should be written in complete sentences, utilizing proper lesson vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.|
|2. If you are asked to draw any images for an assignment, pictures from the internet will not be accepted as a substitute.|
|3. If you have to complete a virtual lab, all labs require a complete and properly formatted lab report. A link to a sample report can be found in the lesson folder; a second report outline is also located on the lab assignment page.|