As increases in human population lead to expansive industrialization and cultivation, increased carbon emissions are resulting in global climate change. This atmospheric alteration may result in a number of detrimental environmental impacts including food insecurity, increased spread of disease, more intense storms, and sea level rise. As the United States is one of the largest contributors to atmospheric carbon emissions, describe one or two specific new policies might the United States enact to reduce its impact on global climate change. Be creative here; focus on policies that are not already in place. Discuss the economic impacts of any proposed policy.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Utilize at least two scholarly or reputable resources and your textbook to support your claims.
Read “.” This lab will allow you to investigate the effects of acid mine drainage through experimentation. Additionally, it will allow for the exploration of solar energy through the use of a solar cell motor. You will utilize this information and your eScience lab kit to complete Experiments 1 and 2 on the . Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Read through introductory material.
- Perform Experiment 1: The Effects of Coal Mining using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 1 and answer the Post Lab Questions 1 through 4 in complete sentences on the Week Four Lab Reporting Form.
- Perform Experiment 2: Solar Energy using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 2 and answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 5 in complete sentences on the Week Four Lab Reporting Form.
Submit the Week Four Lab Reporting Form via Waypoint. The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, any outside sources utilized in your answers must be referenced in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.