Select a musculoskeletal injury (e.g. ligament tear, muscle pull, bone break, dislocation, impingement, etc.) and respond to the following:
PART 1 Due Oct 27
1.) What is the injury that you chose to focus on?
2.) How prevalent is the occurrence of this type of injury (Do many people or a small amount of people typically end up with this injury)?
3.) Is this injury more prevalent within a specific group? (e.g. some research shows that female soccer players are more prone to ACL injuries)
4.) What movements, actions, ect. may be difficult when someone has this injury?
5.) RESERCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!
Are there any specific methods (e.g. icing, heating, etc.), techniques, exercises, stretches, etc. that can be used to help with preventing this injury from occurring, or at least lowering the risk of the injury?
(*BE VERY SPECIFIC WITH YOUR RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION. WHEN RESPONDING THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD DO AS AN EXERCISE PROFESSIONAL. WHAT PREVENTATIVE MEASURES YOU WOULD TAKE, WHAT TYPE OF PROGRAMMING WOULD YOU RECOMMEND, WHAT EXERCISES AND STRETCHES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO PREVENT YOUR CLIENT FROM ENDING UP WITH THIS INJURY?)
RESERCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!
Respond to the following:
1.) There are various types of athletic tape (e.g. pre-wrap, standard sports tape, kinesio tape, stretch tape).
What are the different uses of and difference between pre-wrap, standard sports tape, stretch tape, and kinesio tape?
2.) Are there any athletic taping techniques used to support the injury (from Part 1 of this discussion) that you selected in the first part of this weeks discussion? IF SO EITHER EXPLAIN, POST A PICTURE OF, OR HYPERLINK A VIDEO OF THE STEPS TO THE TAPING TECHNIQUE(S).
Part 3 Due Oct 27 1200am WFS-1400-145470 – Nutrition and Weight Mgmt.
Choose between the following health issues: a) Cancer, b) Diabetes, c) Atherosclerosis, d) Hypertension.
For someone with this health issue, explain what is going on with their body, the risk factors of developing this issue, and the nutritional ways to reduce the risk of developing the issue or mitigating it. If exercise can also help avoid or reduce the effects of the health issue, then please include exercise guidelines. Suggested length of 200+ words.
PART 1 DUE Oct 30
Choose one of your favorite athletes (or select any athlete) who has had an injury that interrupted their sports career for a brief or long-term period.
Research the injury, as well as the athletes’ playing style, form, mechanics, etc. (by watching practice, game, combine, tryouts, high school/collegiate careers etc. footage). Then give a brief overview with the following information:
- The athletes name
- The injury they suffered
- Were there any signs (posture, technique, repetitive movements, habitual patterns, etc.) that pointed to the athlete being more prone to the injury they suffered? ***INCLUDE PICTURES, VIDEOS, ETC. TO SUPPORT YOUR FINDINGS AND OPINIONS***
- How could he/she have potentially prevented or decreased the risk of the injury (Research to find recommended preventative measures (e.g. stretching techniques, strengthening techniques, prehabilitation, etc.?)
Select an injury that you have suffered or are currently dealing with and respond to the following:
- What was/is the injury you suffered or are dealing with
- Were there any signs (posture, technique, repetitive movements, habitual patterns, etc.) you were at a greater risk for the injury you suffered?
- How could you have potentially prevented or decreased the risk of the injury (Research to find recommended preventative measures [e.g. stretching techniques, strengthening techniques, prehabilitation, etc.])?