How would you explain a diagnosis to a client? Are there circumstances in which a diagnosis would not be appropriate to share with a client?
This course has provided you with a foundational knowledge of forensic psychological assessment. Successful integration of your skills is a significant aspect of this course. Throughout this course, you have learned about the variety of forensic psychological assessments.
In this assignment, apply what you have learned in this course to analyze a report of a recently paroled offender.
You are working as a forensic mental health professional in a parole outpatient clinic, which has received a forensic psychological and risk assessment report on a paroled offender. You have been asked evaluate the report and present it to the Board of Parole.
Click here to download the forensic psychology and risk assessment report.
Evaluate the forensic psychology and risk assessment report and create an 8- to 10-page essay in a Microsoft Word document addressing the following:
- Identify and describe the role and purpose of the report. Comment on whether the evaluation was or was not necessary. State the reasons for your opinion.
- Apply considerations of any information or sections that you found missing in the report as well as information that you found to be not relevant, i.e., elements that should have been omitted. In other words, what could have been added to or excluded from the report?
- Discuss the ways in which cultural sensitivity and aspects of diversity were addressed in the report, including any ways in which the report could be made more culturally sensitive and include greater considerations of elements of diversity.
- Identify and describe at least two additional psychological assessments or measures that you would have administered to obtain additional relevant information for the report. Feel free to list more than two as appropriate. Be sure to also consider cultural implications of the tests which you select.
- Explain how you would use the recommendations in the report to assist in the development of a treatment plan.
- Discuss in what capacity the report may be used in alternative venues. For example, can this report be utilized by other professionals in the future? If so, in what capacity?
- Discuss the overall quality and readability of this report, including a scholarly critique of the writing.
As you evaluate the report be sure to avoid using the word “I” in formal writing. Remember, the reader of your assignment will know it is your voice since you are the author of your paper. Also, consider the difference between the following two statements, “I think the report needed to have included . . .” and “The report needed to have included . . .” The first statement has some redundancy by the writer’s use of the word “I,” whereas the second statement displays greater confidence.
Your essay should rely upon at least seven scholarly resources from the professional literature that are cited in APA format. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu or .gov).
The LASA is worth 300 points and will be graded according to the following rubric:
Assignment Component Proficient Maximum Points Identify and describe the role and purpose of the report. Comment on whether the evaluation was or was not necessary. State the reasons for your viewpoint. The role and purpose as well as the necessity of the report were stated and considered ethical considerations. The reasons for their viewpoints were fully articulated. 44 Apply considerations of any information or sections that should be added to or removed from the report Considerations of any information or sections that should be added to or removed from the report are complete, detailed and accurate. 40 Discuss the ways in which cultural sensitivity and aspects of diversity were addressed in the report, including any ways in which the report could be made more culturally sensitive and include greater considerations of elements of diversity. Analysis of the ways in which cultural sensitivity and aspects of diversity were addressed in the report and improvements for cultural sensitivity were complete, detailed and accurate.
Several outside resources were utilized. 44 Identify and describe at least two additional psychological assessments or measures that you would have administered to obtain additional relevant information for the report. Feel free to list more than two as appropriate. Be sure to also consider cultural applications of the tests which you select. Two psychological assessment instruments were identified and discussed. Cultural implications of the selected measures were considered. 44 Explain how you would use the recommendations in the report to assist in the development of a treatment plan. An explanation of how the recommendations in the report could be used to assist in the development of a treatment plan was complete and accurate. 44 Discuss in what capacity the report may be used in alternative venues by other professionals in the future and in what capacity A discussion of how the report can be used in alternative venues by other professionals in the future and in what capacity was complete and accurate. 28 Discuss the quality and readability of this report; include a scholarly critique of the writing. A discussion of the quality and readability of the report and a scholarly critique of the writing were complete and detailed. 28 Academic Writing Writing is generally clear and in an organized manner. It demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and generally displays accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation. Errors are few, isolated, and do not interfere with reader’s comprehension.
Citations in text and at the end of the document are in correct APA format. Writing is generally clear and in an organized manner. It demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and generally displays accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation. Errors are few, isolated, and do not interfere with reader’s comprehension.
Determine the specific training needs required for trauma counselors. Describe how counselors know if they are acting outside their area of competence. What steps should they take to resolve this issue?
TEXT REFERENCE: Jackson-Cherry, L., & Erford, B. (2018). Crisis Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson
- Explain how a biological theory would support social problems and social responsibility perspectives on the causation of crime. Be specific. Explain which perspective resonates with you the most and why. Be specific.
- Explain how a psychological theory would support social problems and social responsibility perspectives on the causation of crime. Be specific. Explain which perspective resonates with you the most and why. Be specific and use examples.
As a human services professional and agent of social change, you will undoubtedly encounter conflict. To be a leader in the helping professions, you must be able to effectively manage this conflict and use it to positively impact the lives of individuals. Because your reactions to difficult situations can influence how others perceive you, it is important for you to be aware of your conflict-handling skills, as well as other values and attitudes that contribute to effective leadership in this field.
This week, you explore the impact of conflict-handling skills on leadership roles and collaboration. You also examine attitudes and values characteristic of influential human services professionals and create a plan to support personal growth and development.
· Analyze the impact of conflict-handling skills on leadership roles
· Analyze the impact of conflict-handling skills on collaboration
· Analyze strategies to address leadership and collaboration challenges
· Evaluate attitudes and values of human services professionals
· Apply attitudes and values characteristic of effective human services professionals
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Reid Mandell, B., & Schram, B. (2012). An introduction to human services: Policy and practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
· Chapter 4, “Attitudes/Values, Skills, and Knowledge” (pp. 105–136)
Conflict is often a part of change, and as a human services professional influencing change, knowing how you respond to conflict is essential. This self-awareness of your conflict-handling skills will help you better build your conflict response repertoire as you gain experiences in the field. By developing these skills, you may perform more effectively in leadership roles, resulting in improved outcomes for clients. For this Discussion, reflect on your own conflict-handling skills and how they might impact your role in human services.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 4
Post a brief description, based on your individual assessment, of your conflict-handling skills. Then, explain how your conflict-handling skills might help or hinder your performance in a current or potential leadership role. Finally, explain at least one way your conflict-handling skills might impact your collaboration skills.
What do you need to be successful in the challenging field of human services? If you ask human services professionals, most will say that there are particular values and attitudes (e.g., patience, empathy, self-awareness) that lead to successful and satisfied practitioners. For this Assignment, consider values and attitudes that you believe are most important for human services professionals and reflect on how they might relate to your own role in the helping relationship.
To complete this Assignment:
By Day 7
Write a 2- to 3- page paper that addresses the following:
· Identify attitudes and values that you believe are most important for effective human services professionals. Explain why you think they are important.
· Identify which of these attitudes and values you possess and which ones you might need to develop or enhance. Explain how you might develop and apply them to your own role as a human services professional.
Reminder: Proper formatting and APA citations are required. Refer to the Writing Template for Course Papers for additional guidance.
What cultural and environment factors in US had contributed to the shift from an authoritarian parent style to an authoritative since WW2?
- A title, introduction, and conclusion slide.
- What is the MMPI-2-RF and what does it measure?
- What are the legal and ethical requirements for a professional to administer, interpret, and/or report the results of an MMPI-2-RF?
- How would information gathered from the MMPI-2-RF assist in the intake and treatment planning process?
- Describe potential treatment strategies that would likely be incorporated into a treatment plan based on results from an MMPI-2-RF.
- Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 50 words.
- A reference slide with a minimum of four scholarly references in addition to the textbook.
Provide a brief summary of the psychology program. Report admission requirements, required courses, and pre-admission requirements (as available), and discuss why you are interested. What are the pros and cons of the psychology program as they relate to your lifestyle? Consider variables such as geographic location (South Carolina), cost, etc. Describe what the regulatory and licensure requirements may be for psychology (e.g., if your chosen field of study is law school, visit your state board of law examiners website to learn what the requirements are for practicing as a lawyer in your state).
Test Yourself: On page of the textbook is a “self test” on sleep deprivation, part 1 & 2. Complete both parts. Were you able to trace the black star using your non-dominant hand? In part 2 – what was your score? Are you sleep deprived, or in the average range?
What are some things that people can do to create better environments for sleeping?
Submityourhomework.com is a company that’s driven more to academic excellence than monetary gains. This is why our rates are always low and affordable to all. Our aim is to reach out to as many college students as possible.
Submit a written request and our customer service team will reply back to you as quickly as possible (usually within 10 minutes).
Phone: +1 (805) 568 7317