Review the presentation titled The Client again.
After you have completed your review write a 1-2 page paper answering the following questions:
- What are barriers to receiving services and how might a Human Services professional counter them?
- Why might clients be reluctant to receive help?
- What expectations do clients have of Human Services professionals?
- If you cite a dictionary it will be in addition to the required two sources. The Bible is not to be listed on the References page, but does have to be cited in-text.
Career Focus: Sociology
A career in Sociology can be highly rewarding.You have the opportunity to facilitate tremendous positive changes in your clients.
- Please review the short videos that discuss the essence of sociology and jobs in this fascinating field.
- Review the information on the web links provided below.As with the activity in past weeks ago exploring the field of criminology and social work, we know that you may already have a job or career in mind.The purpose of this activity is for you to look at what is available in other areas.
- Once you have reviewed the websites, prepare a one 1-page essay addressing the following questions.To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need to be thoroughly addressed:
- What sociology career intrigues you the most; why?
- Review the average salary for the position that interests you the most.
- How much education is necessary in order to obtain a job in this field?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of a career as a sociologist?