I am already confused!!! I have no idea what topic would be the best to even choose? Here are the notes from the class
This week you will identify a topic for your capstone evidence-based project specific to your area of specialization. This topic should be one that interests you from your course work, clinical setting or one that was revealed to you as weak in your pre-predictor exam. You will offer and obtain feedback from classmates and faculty to help to focus your idea for this project.
Reading: Melnyk chapter one
DB: Choose Topic
After mastering the contents this week, the student should be able to:
- Describe the three components inherent in the definition of evidence-based practice.
- Discuss the origin of the Cochrane Collaboration and its impact on the evolution of evidence-based practice.
- Identify at least three reasons for implementing evidence-based practice in health care.
- Identify the seven steps of the evidence-based practice process.
- Identify the two factors that will determine whether evidence should be used to make a practice change.
Your Learning Objectives for the Week:
- Demonstrate synthesis of the knowledge and skills acquired in preceding graduate nursing core and specialty curriculum content through creation of a scholarly project
HERE IS THE DISCUSSION QUESTION
- To complete this week, after reading chapter one in Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt (2014) and reviewing the lectures, you need to consider the topic of interest to you. List a one- to two-word topic that you want to explore further and why you are interested in this topic. This topic should encompasses the question that you have been generating throughout your program.
- As an example I may choose the topic of depression, as I am interested in all of the depression I am seeing in the primary care office. Next week I will explore the background of this topic and this will lead to my PICOT question.
- As you work on your capstone project proposal, you will want to share your progress with your peers and instructor and seek or provide guidance or share insights. By the due date assigned, go to the Discussion Area and post responses to the discussion question. All responses should be posted to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area. It is important to support what you say with relevant citations in the APA format from both the course materials and outside resources. Include the South University online library in your research activities utilizing not only the nursing resource database, but also those pertaining to education, business, and human resources.