Policies are an integral component of an employee handbook. This week for your project, you will create an employee policy relating to HIPAA to include in your employee handbook.
In a minimum of 2 pages, include the following:
- An office policy surrounding HIPAA and guidelines that employees must follow. Include in the office policy:
- Principles and ethical beliefs of the organization
- Why it’s important for your organization to follow HIPAA guidelines
- The role that HIPAA guidelines play in upholding your organization’s values, integrity, and ethical practices.
- Discuss how HIPAA policies may be received based on cultural differences.
- As you draft your policy, remember your audience. You should use a suitable tone and develop your content in a way that will speak to and connect with your employee audience.
It may be helpful for you to compare various organizations’ privacy acts and regulations; organizations with and without HIPAA regulations pertaining to privacy.