T or F
1. In an electron decay, photons are absorbed when an electron jumps to a lower energy quantum state.
2. In a hydrogen atom an electron jumps from the n = 2 quantum state to the n = 4 quantum state. The quantum jump is the beta Balmer excitation.
3. A hot low density gas will emit a continuous blackbody spectrum.
4. An absorption spectrum is a dark line spectrum.
5. Electron excitations create the spectral lines in an absorption spectrum.
6. An emission spectrum is a bright line spectrum.