Threats to Health Information Technology
Data accuracy and security are crucial to the administration of electronic medical records. Threats to the use of electronic medical records include physical loss or damage, crimes, viruses, and unauthorized access.
Prepare a well-written paper that addresses the following topics and requirements:
Select one of the following topics:
- Health Systems Security
- Health Systems Quality
- Health Systems Privacy
- Research and locate 5-6 peer-reviewed articles on one of the above topics.
- Describe the selected topic in your own words. Explain the importance of the topic in planning and implementing HMIS.
- Synthesize the key findings of each article into a summary that encompasses the 5-6 articles you researched. Include an assessment of the implications of laws, regulations, and ethics for the overall findings of your research into health systems security, health systems quality, or health systems privacy.
- Your paper should be 5 double-spaced pages including introduction and conclusion.
- Cite 5-6 peer-reviewed articles. Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported.
- In-text citation used throughout the assignment and APA-formatted reference list.
- Please no plagiarism and sources should be 5 years or less.
- Include headings organize the content in your work.