Understanding Your Own Experience of Work
1. Describe your work values. Are they predominantly extrinsic or intrinsic?
2. How would your work values affect your reactions to each of these events at work?
a. Getting promoted
b. Being reassigned to a position with more responsibility but receiving no increase in pay
c. Having to work late at night and travel one week a month on a job you find quite interesting
d. Having a stressful job that pays well e. Having an exciting job with low job security
3. Describe your mood over the past week or two. Why have you felt this way? How has your mood affected your behavior?
4. What facets of a job are particularly important determinants of your level of job satisfaction? What standards do you (or would you) use to evaluate your job on these dimensions?
5. Toward what kind of organization are you most likely to have affective commitment? Toward what kind of organization are you most likely to have continuance commitment?
6. How might your affective commitment to an organization affect your behavior?
7. What forms of organizational citizenship behavior are you especially likely to perform, and why? What forms of organizational citizenship behavior are you least likely to perform, and why?