A. Identify a current nursing practice within your healthcare setting that requires change.
1. Describe the current nursing practice.
2. Discuss why the current nursing practice needs to be changed.
B. Identify the key stakeholders within your healthcare setting who are part of the current nursing practice.
1. Describe the role each identified key stakeholder will play to support the proposed practice change.
C. Create an evidence critique table (see “Sample Evidence Critique Table”).
1. Identify five sources from scholarly peer-reviewed journals, which adhere to the following standards:
a. Each source must be published within the past five years.
b. Each source must relate to the change identified in part A.
c. Each source must be listed in the table using APA format.
2. Identify the evidence strength of each chosen source, using the Strength of Evidence Table in the study plan.
3. Identify the evidence hierarchy of each chosen source, using the Evidence Hierarchy Table in the study plan.
D. Develop an evidence summary based on the findings from part C that includes each of the five sources used (suggested length of 1–2 pages for all sources).
E. Recommend a specific best practice based on the evidence summary developed in part D.
F. Identify a practice change model that is appropriate to apply to the proposed practice change.
1. Justify why you chose the practice change model.
2. Explain how to apply the identified model to guide the implementation of the proposed practice change.
G. Discuss possible barriers to successful implementation of the proposed practice change.
H. Discuss any possible ethical implications that may arise while planning or implementing the proposed practice change.
I. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA G
Sample Evidence Critique Table:
|Full APA citation for at least 5 sources||Evidence Strength (1-7) and Evidence Hierarchy|
||1 and Systematic review|
Note: Evidence Strength will range from level 7 (lowest) to level 1 (highest). Evidence Hierarchy will reflect the research methodology (Expert Opinion [lowest] to Meta-Analysis [highest]).