Ethical Issue Paper Grading Rubric
Ethical Issue Paper
Introduce the ethical issue
· Clearly states the purpose for the paper in first or second paragraph (APA 2.05)
· Fully describes background of the case.
· Clearly identifies the two opposing views.
Analyze the ethical issue
· Clearly explains the ethical implications and effects of this issue, without bias, on healthcare today.
· Identifies, compares and contrasts opposing views with supporting references-based on facts and not personal opinion.
· Applies ethical theory and principle to support both sides of the issue.
· Identifies interdisciplinary team members and all stakeholders.
· Briefly discuss a possible resolution. What can/should be done to resolve the issue? This can be just a few paragraphs on a possible resolution.
· Recaps main ideas
· Reflects on how the discussion within the paper has changed own prior beliefs on the topic.