A portfolio is a great way to for nurses to “record and provide evidence of skills, achievements, experience, development and learning, not only for themselves, but for the information and scrutiny of registration boards, employers, managers and peers” (Green, Wyllie, & Jackson, 2014, p. 8). As you collect the artifacts that best showcase your strengths, you begin to track, reflect on, and evaluate your own learning and growth over time.
For this assessment, you will be creating a professional ePortfolio and resume to take with you after completing your program. To help you complete this assessment, review the following resources as needed:
- Getting Started with Pathbrite ePortfolio [PDF].
- Capella University Career Center – Building an Effective Resume.
For this assessment, your ePortfolio will focus on showcasing your growth and accomplishments in the context of the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Lead people and processes to improve patient, systems, and population outcomes.
- Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
- Competency 6: Collaborate interprofessionally to improve patient and population outcomes.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
For each competency, complete the following in your ePortfolio:
- Create an area in your ePortfolio for the competency and label it with the course competency number or the competency language.
- Select the two artifacts (assessments) that you feel best showcase your accomplishments or growth relative to the competency and place them in the corresponding ePortfolio area.
- For each competency, write 2–3 paragraphs detailing the ways in the artifacts illustrate your accomplishments or growth in the competency so reviewers can easily understand your achievements and strengths. Place this in the corresponding ePortfolio area with your chosen artifacts.
For the Competency 8 section of your ePortfolio, include a professional resume that highlights your professional standards and values. Consult the resources in the Capella University Career Center, such as the Capella Career Center: Resume Rubric.
Please study the scoring guide carefully so you will know what is needed for a distinguished score:
- Explain how at least two chosen artifacts illustrate personal growth and achievements in the area of leading people and processes to improve patient, systems, and population outcomes.
- Explain how at least two chosen artifacts illustrate personal growth and achievements in the area of transforming processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care
- Explain how at least two chosen artifacts illustrate personal growth and achievements in interprofessional collaboration to improve patient and population outcomes.
- Explain how at last two chosen artifacts and a professional resume illustrate personal growth and achievements in the area of integrating professional standards and values into practice.
- Communicate ePortfolio in a clear and well-organized manner, using correct grammar and spelling.
- APA formatting: Make sure that in-text citations and reference list follow current APA style. Refer to the APA Module as needed.
Green, J., Wyllie, A., & Jackson, D. (2014). Electronic portfolios in nursing education: A review of the literature. Nurse Education in Practice, 14(1), 4–8.